Friday 20 April 2012

Moisturise your hair: How to grow relaxed or chemically treated hair

How can I grow my relaxed hair? I wish I knew how to grow chemically treated or relaxed hair. How can I get my damaged hair healthy again? How can I grow damaged hair?
Hair growth is all about good hair and scalp health. Once your hair and head is healthy, you'll be able to see positive growth results. The number one important factor in maintaining and obtaining healthy hair as well as growing that long hair you desire is moisturising your hair.

Hair growth tip number 1: Keep your hair moisturised!

The number one tip to keeping your relaxed, permed, dyed or any other chemically treated hair healthy in order to maximise the growth of it is to keep it moisturised. Dry hair equals damaged hair and damaged hair equal stunted growth and breakage.



Hair is constantly growing (whether in fast growth spurts or slowly - due to stunted growth caused by damage). The only thing that makes your hair 'appear' not to be growing or to be growing exceeding slower than you'd like it to be growing or would think it would be growing is the breakage level. If your hair breaks more or faster then it grows you could experience serious loss in length.

Chemically treated hair, damaged hair and sensitive / delicate hair (especially African American hair) thrives on moisture. It is extremely hard to end up with over moisturised hair. I know my hair loves moisture. The more moisturising products I have in my hair the better.

Hair doesn't need any special moisturising product either. Sometimes it's best to stay away from products that contain mineral oil (this will be explained in more detail in future posts). If you're low on a budget and need to get something to moisturise your hair, water can be more than good enough. Be sure to apply a small amount of oil (coconut oil, Castor oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil, etc) on your hair afterwards to keep the moisture in.

Keep your hair moisturised and feeling refreshed and you'll start to begin to see positive changes soon.

Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment