Wednesday 21 September 2016

Hair goals: My Healthy Hair Journey Goals!!

What is a hair journey ? What are hair journey goals? Why should you have hair journey goals? How can I track progress?
My hair growth - from  SL to APL

A hair journey, similar to a weight-loss journey, self discovery journey, healthy living journey etc etc, is a journey of new beginnings. It's one which you plan on making positive changes and start on your road to a fulfilling and promising trip.


In simple terms, you decide what you'd like to change, which outcome you're hoping for and how you'd like to get there. You also bare in mind the fact that changes and road blocks occur, setbacks happen and it isn't always easy. You also need to be able to bounce back, pick yourself up and carry on.

What are hair journey goals?

Hair journey goals are quite important for a hair journey (in my opinion). It's a great idea to start with a goal in mind. Visualization, hopes an plans can do wonders.
Sometimes hope and goals give you something to look towards or look forward to and keep you motivated and encouraged.

Why should you have hair journey goals?

There will come days when you feel like slacking and skipping that "moisturize and seal" or that you're too exhausted to wrap up your hair before bed. Thinking about your goals can push you just a little harder to keep you going.

How can I track progress?

There are many ways of tracking progress depending on what your goals actually are - Are you hoping for length? Or good Health? Or both???

Pics and videos are the best method of record. You can compare your hair length and health so much better by looking back at these. Sometimes simply looking in the mirror you may not notice a difference especially in the health of your hair but by comparing a  'then and now' you can see marked differences.

  • Keep a hair journal - a blog, a book, a photo album
  • Make notes daily
  • Record your research
  • Record your favorite products and what works for your hair
  • Record your length progress
  • Record your setbacks
  • JUST RECORD EVERYTHING!!!

What are my hair journey goals?

I have a few big hair journey goals for myself and I know that I will reach them.
I know my goals may seem a little far fetched or extreme but we can all dream, right??

I am currently APL - Armpit Length.
My hair journey goals are as follows:
  • I plan to be full Bra Strap length by Christmas 2016.
  • I plan to to be Mid back length by June 2017 
  • I plan to be Waist Length by Christmas 2017.
Set your goals. Record them. AND GO FOR THEM!!!
You CAN do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment