Friday 10 August 2018

Colored Girl with Kinky hair: I've' gone 4C Natural!

Another relaxed head turned natural. 4C Natural in South Africa (SA). Colored Girl with Kinky hair. Proudly me :)


4c hair 7 month growth


So after Years and Years of braids and then relaxed hair (my whole life up to this point to be exact - excluding my first few months after birth lol) I have finally gone COMPLETELY NATURAL.

I am so proud of myself although nervous at the same time. The journey has been a one of a kind experience as I am totally new to using my hair in its natural state.
I have not made use of any long term protective styles (wigs, weaves, braids etc) since my big chop. I think personally I just experienced enough of that to last me a life time. I am more than happy to just explore my own hair and the real me. On my wedding day I went COMPLETELY natural and I am so thrilled about that too :)
4C Natural Hair wedding day

I have many reasons for having gone natural and I will gradually upload posts exploring this among many other things. I will say though that my major support structure, my number one fan as well as my main encouragement and motivation to embrace myself fully (as well as my major self confidence boost) has been my husband. He was also the one who did my big chop for me. I thank God for this man everyday. He is really such a blessing and a major gift from God to me.

My blog will take a new path. I have been natural since December 2017 but have been saving content so that I can gradually upload informative posts without major time lags in between.,

Throughout my blog I will now upload posts surrounding styles I have learnt, hair growth tips, retention tips, as well as my struggles (with my hair and people around me (family and friends included). I will also be adding some product tips for South African readers as I know how costly Natural Hair products can be over here :)

I am very excited to be on this journey and look forward to sharing it with you :)

Have you started your Hair Journey within the past year or last few months? Please do comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment