Thursday 15 September 2016

Relaxed Hair Journey 2016: Starting all over after a failed hair journey / Setbacks

My new Relaxed Hair Journey - 2016

Starting all over, Natural to relaxed. Relaxed hair Journey. My New Healthy hair Journey.

So after neglecting my hair badly for the past few years I've decided to to have My Healthy Relaxed Hair Journey - TAKE 2.

I've had my hair completely natural for the past few years after having to do a big chop due to a curly perm gone wrong.
My hair was so badly damaged that I was unable to braid or corn row it but had to wear the little I had left under a wig until it grew long enough to be put in braids.


I've had it braided or under a wig ever since. Despite having my hair in "protective styles" for the past couple of years I still wasn't really maintaining it or caring for it. I just had it in the braids or under the wig and left it alone:
- No co-washes.
- No moisturizing
- No oiling my scalp
- No deep conditioning

The past year has been hectic for me. I went through a major transition in my life personally. The major life change for me was going through a divorce and becoming a single mother (for anyone interested or going through something similar - you can read more about this on my other blog)

The whole experience made me want to be a better me. I also felt like I needed a change. Sometimes when you go through something major or traumatic you feel like you just want a fresh start - to be a new person. To start all over. For me (and many others) a major change in hairstyle or a giant hair cut is a good way to go about it.

I haven't worn my own hair out in years so this was a major change for me. The last time I had my hair relaxed - I was happy. Very Happy. It was one of the happiest periods in my life filled with good and happy memories. A part of me wanted that back too.

I've got tons of goals for my hair journey (I will put them up soon)

Anyway... this is it!!! The start of better things. New beginnings. Happy starts!!

Wish me luck!! :D

PS: Good luck on your hair journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment